Scope of Works
Working round the clock in shifts in order to work around the weather AAH had the tasks of performing the following :
- Demolition of part structure
- Demolition of garden beds
- Removal of approx. 750m3 of soil
- Removal of approx. 1,400 pavers weighing approx. 90kg each
- Removal of approx. 1,600m3 of asbestos membrane
- Diamond grinding to approx. 1,600m3
- Ensuring staging was carried out in a concise manner that allowed minimal exposure to concrete substrate whilst working in other trades
- Removing all soil and waste from 3 stories high, down into a narrow laneway
- Ensuring safety was not compromised at any time during the moving of heavy materials
AAH staged works over round the clock shifts in order to work in with the weather, ensuring minimal exposure to unprotected substrate.
Safe lifting procedures and use of mechanical aids were used to transport all material including the challenge of moving 90kg pavers, this was all done resulting in 0 lost time injuries for these works. Demolition robots were also deployed as a safe alternative to hard access areas.
- Location 385 Bourke St, Melbourne
- Completion May, 2017
- Services Commercial/Industrial, Demolition, Floor Grinding, Other Hazardous Materials, Site Decontamination, Soil Remediation, Waste Removal & Transport
Hard Access; All demolition, waste and garden bed material had to be craned down into a tight city laneway.