The Corkman Irish Pub was built in 1857 on the corner of Leicester St and Pelham St, Carlton.
In July 2019, AAH was contracted to complete site decontamination works throughout the heritage listed property.
Scope of Works
- Demolition of remaining brick wall
- Removal of all rubble as asbestos waste
- Supply all plans and permits
- Dispose of waste at EPA disposal facilities
- Decontaminate entire site
- Obtain clearance certificates from independent hygienist
The challenges and critical factors to successfully complete the works were.
- Working closely along side Melbourne City Council, WorkSafe & EPA Victoria in preparation and co-ordination of all works
- High media and public interest surrounding site
- Close proximity to general public and local businesses
- AAH set up a dedicated webpage updated daily to keep all interested parties informed
- AAH were commended for their professional approach and meticulous planning processes
- All works completed under timeframe
- 0 safety incidents
- Location Carlton, Victoria
- Completion July, 2019
- Services Commercial/Industrial, Demolition, Friable Asbestos Removal, Site Decontamination, Soil Remediation, Waste Removal & Transport
AAH were commended for their professional approach and meticulous planning processes