AAH was awarded friable asbestos removal and minor demolition works at the Alfred Hospital
Scope of Works
- Remove friable asbestos sprayed beam insulation and associated overspray across the entire ward
- Remove asbestos vinyl floor tiles across the entire ward as well as on the ground floor
- Remove contaminated synthetic mineral fibre pipe insulation
- Respray all beams with a non-hazardous alternative to meet fire rating requirements
- Co-ordinating multiple trades across the site
- Keeping the noise to a minimum so as not to disturb the hospital operations
- Removing the large amount of contaminated waste from the work area and through the hospital during operational hours
- Building a large, intricate work enclosure through the ward
All waste was successfully moved from the work enclosure, through the hospital and to an EPA licensed disposal site without impacting work flow within the hospital.
The job was successfully completed under a tight time frame.
- Location The Alfred Hospital, Melbourne, Victoria
- Completion February, 2019
- Services Commercial/Industrial, Demolition, Friable Asbestos Removal, Site Decontamination, Waste Removal & Transport
The Alfred is Melbourne’s oldest hospital still operating on its original site