Located in Bangholme, the Eastern Treatment Plant uses innovative processes to turn sewage into Class A recycled water. AAH was contracted to conduct a clean up of the internals to one of their tanks.
Scope of Works
- Internal clean up of tank following from a sandblasting incident that inadvertantly disturbed asbestos contaminated materials
- Removal of asbestos gaskets from pipework
- Removal of asbestos mastic to wall and floor joints
The challenges and critical factors to successfully complete the works were.
- Tank access. Materials and waste had to be craned in and out of the tank
- Arrestance efficiency of filter cloth. We had to ensure that a minimum efficiency of 97% at 5 microns was reached during the filtration process
- Removal of splattered patches of asbestos mastic outside of the wall and floor joints
- Works to be carried out in restricted space (confined)
- Removal of contaminated water through a filtration system
- 2 way radio system in place
- All works completed successfully
- Clearance certificates issued by independent hygienist
- 0 safety incidents
- 726 man hours worked to complete works