From November 2018 – April 2019, AAH was engaged to undertake the asbestos removal works at the decommissioned Ford Casting Plant in Geelong.
Scope of Works
AAH was tasked with the following:
- The removal of 4000m2 of super six roofing
- Removal of all internal asbestos to 6x redundant buildings
- In stage 2 of the demolition works to remove all of the remaining asbestos throughout the site
The challenges and critical factors too successfully complete the works were.
- With removalists spread throughout the plant site it was important that AAH’s dedicated manager had to stay in constant with all
- Detailed planning and methodologies were thought out and applied to each task and workshopped prior to commencement.
- All removal works were completed to the highest safety standard with a unique yet methodical approach taken to remove a structurally unsound roof
- We had a Project Manager dedicated full time to this 4 month project
- Location Geelong, Victoria
- Completion April 2019
- Services Commercial/Industrial, Friable Asbestos Removal, Manufacturing, Site Decontamination
All removal works were completed to the highest safety standard.