In 2018 works were being done to widen Hoddle St, an area where 330,000 people drive through everyday. During these works asbestos pipes were uncovered during excavation.
Scope of Works
- AAH Contracting was awarded works for the removal of asbestos contaminated soil and pipes
The challenges and critical factors to successfully complete the works were.
- We were on 24/7 standby for any asbestos incidents to ensure there was minimal delays to the project as it was time critical
- To ensure the works were carried out safely with additional controls implemented to work within live/busy areas as well as co-ordinating with multiple trades
- 1000’s of metres of contaminated asbestos pipe were removed
- 100’s of metres cubed of contaminated soil were removed
- Ensured minimal disruption with a 1 hour response time or on standby for critical shutdowns throughout the whole project
- 0 safety incidents
- Over 750 man hours worked
- Location Clifton hill, Victoria
- Completion February, 2018
- Services Friable Asbestos Removal, Site Decontamination, Soil Remediation, Waste Removal & Transport
Ensured minimal disruption with a 1 hour response time or on standby for critical shutdowns throughout the whole project