In July 2019, AAH was awarded works to remove asbestos floor screed throughout the Legislate Assembly Wing in the Victorian Government Parliament building.
Scope of Works
- Removal of 130m2 of asbestos floor screed to defined areas of the Legislative Assembly Wing
The challenges and critical factors to successfully complete the works were.
- Hoarding of works area (including dust protection) to allow access to certain areas at all times, whilst providing protection to windows, doors, walls etc.
- Staging of works to areas that can be completed out of hours (weekend works)
- Protection of existing heritage building
- Asbestos floor screed successfully removed to reveal original blue stone floor, finished in excellent condition
- 450 man hours worked across 2 months to complete works
- 0 safety incidents