AAH was contracted to eradicate high risk asbestos items from 126 Telstra Exchanges across Metropolitan Melbourne and Rural Victoria & New South Wales.
Scope of Works
- Remove and replace hundreds of contaminated Telstra pits off all sizes
- Remediate and remove asbestos contaminated soil
- Building works; asbestos removal and reinstatement works
- Removal of redundant asbestos services
- Removal of friable boilers
- Encapsulation works
The biggest hurdle to overcome was working around live network services where any error could result in disastrous outages for surrounding communities.
- AAH Contracting were able to deploy multiple specialist crews to ensure works were completed on schedule, utilising 4WD vehicles for hard access areas
- Utilising our Non-Destructive Digging Equipment ensured out of 100,000’s of cables that were worked around, especially in pit replacement, not a single cable was compromised resulting in zero network outages.
- AAH was able to warehouse 100’s of pits at a time to ensure all crews were kept running seamlessly
- 126 sites were completed within a tight time frame of 4 months
- AAH also utilised a cloud technology system to receive real time updates from the crews on site. These updates allowed us to keep the client updated with progress reports and photos on a weekly basis
The project was a huge success, delivered on schedule without any disruption of services whilst working around live networks.