Scope Of Works
- Encapsulation construction
- Removal of asbestos to four firing ovens
- Demolition of four firing ovens
- Asbestos settled dust removal
ChallengeConstruction of huge freestanding structure to fully encapsulate entire area was designed and installed by AAH Contracting from scratch, in preparation for negative pressure charge of area/asbestos removal.
Critical FactorsVisy’s ability to meet manufacturing targets is integral to meeting their client’s demands. AAH Contracting was able to work within the fully operational manufacturing areas, alongside Visy staff to remove friable asbestos from four of Visy’s large firing ovens under strictly controlled conditions.
ProcessFour ovens at 50m each in length were internally stripped of all friable asbestos insulation and gaskets. Upon removal and clearance the ovens were completely demolished, recycling hundreds of tonnes of steel.
UpdateAAH Contracting were subsequently awarded another firing oven that saw completion in February 2016, again a largescale encapsulation was constructed and the entire oven removed under controlled conditions adjacent to live manufacturing plant without incident.
- Location Coburg, Victoria
- Completion December, 2014
- Cost < $1,000,000
- Services Commercial/Industrial, Demolition, Friable Asbestos Removal, Manufacturing, Roof Encapsulation, Site Decontamination, Waste Removal & Transport
Following the satisfactory Removal of all friable Asbestos from the ovens, AAH Oversaw the controlled Demolition of the ovens whilst Allowing VISY to maintain a Working environment with Minimal disruption to their Operations.