In February 2019, AAH was awarded works at Werribee Train Station to remove mould and lead paint from the internals of the station.
Scope of Works
- Remove mould and lead paint from affected surfaces in the cleaners room, plant room and staff room
- Works to be completed during normal work hours
The challenges and critical factors to successfully complete the works were.
- Werribee Station is a busy location and a central hub for many lines with a large number of members of the general public commuting around the works areas
- All personnel had to be RIW accredited
- Waste had to be removed via a publicly shared pathway
- Works had to be completed with minimal disruption to usual station operations
- Works were successfully completed with minimal disruption to station operations
- Temporary fencing was set up on the station concourse around the works area to ensure the public were kept at a safe distance
- Areas were fully cleaned/decontaminated which allowed underlying water leaks issues to also be fixed
- Completed on time and within budget with no incidents