Bayswater Level Crossings were part of the Victorian Governments initiative to make 50+ level crossing across Melbourne safer and to ease track congestion
Scope of Works
- Remove hundreds of meters of large redundant asbestos contaminated piping up to 1200mm in diameter
- Remove hundreds of tonnes of asbestos contaminated soil
- Removal asbestos contaminated materials located throughout the former station buildings
The major challenge for this project was co-ordinating multiple trades on short notice to ensure the smooth progression of the works when buried asbestos containing materials were located on site.
AAH were able to accommodate around the clock works during line shutdowns with personnel on standby. The average time between a call being received and arriving on site was 30 minutes.
We were able to assist the client in overcoming potentially time consuming obstacles in the most efficient and safe way possible, whilst minimising downtime on site with the countless trades involved.
Through these outcomes we were awarded the works for multiple other Level Crossing Removal Projects.
- Location Bayswater, Victoria
- Completion December, 2016
- Services Site Decontamination, Soil Remediation, Waste Removal & Transport
AAH were able to accommodate around the clock works during line shutdowns with personnel on standby.