VISY’s Coburg facility is at the bedrock of their manufacturing service, producing aluminium and steel cans. AAH was engaged to complete a large scale decontamination throughout the facility.
Scope of Works
- Removal of 25,000m2 of settled dust associated with VISY’s re-roofing project
The challenges and critical factors to successfully complete the works were.
- Safety was at the highest priority in particular when having to work around large scale recycling machinery
- Working towards a tight timeframe set by VISY for the complex clean to allow for re-occupation of manufacturing areas
- Access was needed for all areas to obtain a limitation free clearance
- The work area needed to be separated from the manufacturing area to keep plant operational during the works
- Over 25,000m2 of dust was removed
- 0 safety incidents
- Demolition, Class A asbestos removal, sealing works, encapsulation and construction work were all completed
- Beams were successfully swab tested upon completion by an independent hygienist and given the all clear
- AAH in house carpenters constructed large scale baffle walls to segregate the works area from ongoing plant operations
Beams were successfully swab tested upon completion by an independent hygienist and given the all clear